Salisbury Pediatric Associates believes that the path to health is based on the principles of Integrative Medicine. We strive to fulfill these beliefs within the current medical system.
Integrative medicine is healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person (body, mind and spirit), including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and makes use of all appropriate therapies, both conventional and alternative.
The Principles of Integrative Medicine Are:
- A partnership between patient and practitioner in the healing process.
- Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body's innate healing response.
- A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
- Recognition that good medicine should be based in good science, be inquiry driven, and be open to new paradigms.
- Use of the broader concepts of promotion of health and the prevention of illness as well as the treatment of disease.
Dr. Andrew Weil
Educator, author, lecturer and founder of
University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine