Integrative Medicine, Asthma and Autism
Salisbury Pediatric Associates believes that the path to health is based on the principles of Integrative Medicine. We strive to fulfill these beliefs within the current medical system.
Christopher Magryta, MD, and Danielle Rose, MD, are our onsite providers that specialize in integrative medicine. Dr. Magryta and Dr. Rose work together treating our patients using a homeopathic and holistic apprroah. They look at environmental and nutritional influeneces that may be affecting your child's health. Dr. Magryta and Dr. Rose had changed many our patient's outlook on healthy living and the insistent need for medications. Dr. Rose has a hearing/autism dog, Delight, that accompanies her. Delight is trained not only to help Dr. Rose but al in assisting our patients who are on the autism spectrum or general anxiety to remain calm during their exam or while receiving vaccines.
Integrative medicine is healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person (body, mind and spirit), including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and makes use of all appropriate therapies, both conventional and alternative.
The Principles of Integrative Medicine Are:
- A partnership between patient and practitioner in the healing process.
- Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body's innate healing response.
- A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
- Recognition that good medicine should be based in good science, be inquiry driven, and be open to new paradigms.
- Use of the broader concepts of promotion of health and the prevention of illness as well as the treatment of disease.
Dr. Andrew Weil
Educator, author, lecturer and founder of
University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine