Medical Advice Articles
In Case of Poisoning
Has your child gotten into something that they shouldn’t have? Please call 911 if your child is in need of immediate medical attention (convulsions or seizures, unconscious, not breathing). If you know your child ingested or came in contact with a medicine, chemical or poisonous substance call poison control at 1-800-222-1222. Then notify your primary care office after speaking with poison control. Store all medicines, laundry or cleaning products, pesticides, chemicals (of any kind), batteries, or paints in locked cabinets out of sight and reach of children. Purchase or place all medications in containers with safety caps. Safety caps are made to be child resistant but are not always fully child proof. Always ask your child’s provider or read the label on the bottle before giving any medication to ensure you are giving the correct dose.
For more information click this link.