Recipe of the Week July 4th
July 4th, 2022
You all voted overwhelmingly for this section - so, it is back.
Giada DeLaurentiis is an incredible chef. Her summer salads are amazing. Here is a spin on the Caprese Salad with fresh tomatoes, basil and olive oil. She adds some salami and olives for texture and fat flavor. I like the salami added warmed or slightly grilled. She uses cut cold salami. You choose.
• Ingredients:3 tablespoons lemon juice, from one lemon
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
• 1 pound fresh mozzarella, either from a log or fresh in brine, cut into 1 1/2” cubes
• 2 1/2 heaping cups cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 pound)
• 3 large heirloom tomatoes, or 4-5 vine tomatoes, cut into 1 ½” dices
• 1 cup green olives, such as Castelvetrano, Picholine or Cerignola, pitted and halved
• 5 ounces dry Italian salame, such as Genoa, Sopressata or Finocchio, sliced into half-moons
• 1 cup fresh basil, torn
Go to this Recipe Link for directions and enjoy this today!