Things that I think of as critical to avoiding this infection:
- Keeping your vitamin D level greater than 50 ng/ml is an important way to prevent influenza infections.
- Eating healthy and getting adequate sleep to keep your immune system in great shape.
- Taking a good quality probiotic daily.
- Wash your hands throughly for 20 seconds with soap and water. Especially in high risk areas like schools.
- Eat lots of fresh citrus and colorful yellow, red and orange foods for adequate vitamin C.
- Maintain adequate zinc levels in your body for a healthy immune system. Zinc is commonly found in beef, lamb, wheat germ, spinach, seeds, mushrooms, nuts, beans, pork and cocoa.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth helps avoid viral transmission.
- Take elderberry syrup if you feel that you have been exposed to the virus.
- Stay well hydrated and keep your system stout by drinking 1 ounce of water per kilogram of body weight a day.
- Stay positive mentally and be happy.